[3830] ARRL June VHF N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 16:51:32 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  175    74  Total Score = 12,950

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I have a poor performing 6M yagi, so low totals are not so much the result of
low effort as much as poor signal. There were some huge scores posted from PVRC
land!
Congrats to HP guys K3ZO and K3AJ locally and am sure K3MEC did well.
Saturday was mostly a dead 6M band an most stations must have been on FT8 (not
on FT8) after first couple of hours. The band did open to FL for about 40
minutes around 24Z. Sunday was very quiet at first, then my first and only
double hop Q with DM32 started the opening at 1438Z and the band never closed
completely until about 0020Z here. There was a lull around 20Z. In the first
hour when widespread Es started was my worst time, could not run and had a lot
of trouble working even loud stations on SSB and very few were on CW. Then
things gradually improved. The band was open from VE4/MN/WI/MI around to GA/FL
and everywhere in between at some time or another, very little double hop heard.
The skip zone was never that short. Some stations were in and out for many
hours. My best run was about 10-12 stations on CW around 23Z, mostly near
Dallas,TX.

Thanks for the Q's and pulling me out of the pile ups.

73, Jeff