[3830] ARRL June VHF K2QO/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K2QO/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 02:32:04 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  348   136  Total Score = 55,760

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

A most unusual rove. Nothing broke or went wonky, and 6m was open, A LOT! Our
usual setup shares 6M with 222 and 432 while the front seat op gets 2M. This is
perfect for January and September, but not so great in June, or at least this
June.

It is time to find a better start than FN24/14 which again turned out to be a
total snoozer. Oh well, we overnighted on Saturday at the W2CCC World HQ
superstation so that makes up for the not-so-great rover spots.

The station is the same as the previous few year although the 222 Cheap Yagi has
been upgraded to an M^2.

Thanks to the guy who told me my audio was sub par. Turns out I bumped the COMP
knob while working on another setting. I got it straightened out and was back to
good audio reports.

And, it is time to learn FT8 in great detail before September!

Front Seat:
IC-746 on 2M with phased loops and 2M7

Rear Seat:
K3/XV222/XV432
Mirage Amps on 222/432
M^2 antennas for 222 and 432 and a Par Omni on 6M

73,
Mark K2QO/R