[3830] ARRL June VHF NN7AZ(@WO7R) Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa7a@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF NN7AZ(@WO7R) Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 02:43:59 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  382   180  Total Score = 72,720

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

The NN7AZ Contest Station is nearly 100%, finally. We lost a tower in July 2017
due to a late-season monsoon storm. We replaced that tower and put up even
bigger antennas this past winter. We are finally ready.

Out here in the middle of the Southwest desert, we really need 6m Es to do well
in this contest. We only had one hardy rover (Tom, WA8WZG/R) give it go in the
109 degree searing heat for this year's contest. So, with only minor openings on
6 meters, we had a number of idle moments to sit around and talk about the next
big antenna project.

The 2 meter EME system was also fully functional this year. We managed to make
57 EME contacts this year which really kept that station pretty busy. The 8X17
el Hpol + 8X10 el Vpol array worked well after two+ years of assembly and
troubleshooting.

We had some last minute issues with the 222 yagi on the top of the mast while
preparing for this contest. We quickly erected a Field Day-style pushup mast
with a backup antenna to make contacts with our hardy rover. However, we will
need to figure out what happened to that antenna that tested good not three
months ago and get that band up to its capability.

See you in September.

Ned / AA7A
RF Architect for NN7AZ