[3830] All Asian CW AD5A SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW AD5A SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 01:49:47 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: AD5A
Operator(s): AD5A
Station: AD5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:   24    16
   40:  217    74
   20:  227   105
   15:   33    22
   10:
-------------------
Total:  501   217  Total Score = 111,972

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

My first ever entry into his contest. I did this one from my new home QTH rather
than my contest station. I was very pleased with the results. With limited 15m
openings, this contest is focused on openings on 20m/40m starting in the wee
hours of the morning until mid morning, at least from Texas. I had some other
obligations this weekend so couldn't do the wee hour thing, but I was on the air
around 1000z each morning. The station antenna is a single JK Force 12 XR-7,
with 2 elements on 40m and 20m-6m. The antenna is mounted on a 70' tower, but
the tower is mounted on the summit of a 100 ft. hill. So the effective height is
~150'. The station played well. I have an Alpha Delta DX-A on 80/160 meters. So,
a very simple station really, but it worked really nicely.

I also used my K3S and my new KPA1500. During runs the amp stayed nice and cool,
~60c, and fan noise was no issue at all. I typically run the amp at 800 - 1,000
watts.

I'll definitely do this one again.