[3830] WVQP N8II Single OpMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WVQP N8II Single OpMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 20:06:50 +0000
                    West Virginia QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single OpMixed HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 3.1

   80:    0      0
   40:   36     26
   20:    9    217
   15:    0      7
   10:    0     25
----------------------------
Total:   45    275      0  Mults = 68  Total Score = 24,684

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Just for fun, this is a CHECK LOG entry. And fun it was, averaged about 106
Q's/hour and worked a lot of DX without trying that hard. In the morning prior
to the start I was hearing a lot of Italians on 10M working believe it or not
the Italian 10M contest. Most were weak, but I called some of the louder ones
and no one would take time out from their contest to work me (pretty certain I
was heard).
Of course it was all Italian language on SSB, but I can understand the calls no
problem. I went to the W3LPL open house for the first time in 4-5 years and am
really glad I did vs. working the QP full time. WX was nice and it was wonderful
chatting with PVRC friends! Upon return (1 hr drive)the XYL and I were hungry,
so dinner preceded operating. At 2207Z I turned on the radio still beaming EU
and almost zero beat to where I left the VFO was IT9ACN working his contest. I
called (he was S6-9) and he was thrilled to hear from the USA on 10M! He found a
Sicilian friend to work me also. Then, my CQ's on 10 SSB brought in an IK7, IT9,
and MM0. When I moved to 15 SSB, I worked a few mid west stations and was called
by a EA2. Then, it was down to 20 SSB where I beamed west at first with a good
run and plenty of callers at short distances and out to the west coast. I was
being called by NY and New England off the back of the yagi, so after things
slowed down out west, I turned it NE and had a good run of the W1 and NY
stations plus was called by quite a few Europeans where it was now well after
midnight. The 68 mults is close to my best ever 74 mults operating about 8 hours
last year. My first WV QSO was on 40 and worked almost as many WV counties as
last year all on that band. By the time it was slow again back on 20, I needed
to quit, was exhausted.

It was a fun 3 hours, many thanks for the calls mostly from casual
non-competitors.

73, Jeff