[3830] ARRL FD KE0TT 1B QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD KE0TT 1B QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 22:08:48 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  412     0       0  Total Score = 4,250

Club:

Comments:

K3/10 at 5 watts to three temporary wire antennas strung in trees with my new
Air Boss air gun.  The Boss can really put a launch on a 2 oz. weight!  40 psi
of air in the tank gets the weight about 70 - 80' up in the air, my guess.  And
the tank is rated for 75 psi!  Slow QSB on most bands, and lots of QRN Saturday
afternoon and evening, which limited my QRP success for awhile, but Sunday was
the better day for making Q's, especially when 15M and 10M opened up.  412 Q's
and 73 "multipliers," if we used them for this test.  Thanks to all
for your copy out there, I know it was rough for about 1/3 of the QSO's on your
end....  We had a small but strong storm system form overhead, which dropped
over an inch of rain and sat here for about 45 minutes. No rain was predicted,
and when this storm cell formed, it was small and tall, covering an area of only
about 5 miles by 5 miles, and sat still for most of the time, dumping about
1.3" of rain and lots of lightning/thunder before subsiding.  Antennas
were:  50' X 50' Inverted Ell fed at the 40' high corner with ladder line, a 50'
dipole up about 25', and a 33' dipole up about 20', again both fed with ladder
line.  The Inv Vee was the antenna of choice for 90%+ of QSO's...  Hope you
enjoyed your Field Day !  73,  Dan  ke0tt