[3830] ARRL FD AA3B 2E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD AA3B 2E LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 01:32:57 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  2574   780      0  Total Score = 11,856

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

The above score does not include bonus points; our bonus point total is 350
bringing our final claimed score to 12,206.

Field Day is one of our favorite operating events.  This year was extra special
as Field Day provided John, W2GD and I with a venue to do a dress rehearsal for
the upcoming WRTC2018 competition.

We leveraged FD as an opportunity to check and double check all our hardware and
software including some new SDR gear.  The final setup worked as designed and we
were both pleased with the performance of our multi-2 configuration.

Our dress rehearsal even had a referee!  Chick, NW3Y was with us at the start of
Field Day and listened to our operations during the first several hours.

The contest was great fun as always.  We were fortunate in that the forecasted
thunderstorms never materialized so we were able to stay in the chairs for the
full 24 hours.

I focused primarily on 20M and spent some time on 80M.  John did the heavy
lifting on 40M, 15M and 10M, and also spent some hours on 80M.  John noted that
conditions on 10M were very exciting here late Sunday morning with the band open
to most of the country.

WRTC2018 is almost here, and we’re ready!  See you in a few weeks from
Germany.

73,

Bud AA3B