[3830] ARRL FD NE7D 2B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD NE7D 2B LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 19:43:28 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  844     0       0  Total Score = 3,376

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

We were in good spirits this year, having totally subdued all the forces of evil
that plagued us so brutally last year with inter-station interference in the
same location (cabin in the woods).  Many others have commented on the state of
the bands, but we were happy to be making nearly 3X the number of Q's we managed
last year.  We made most of our contacts on 20 and 40, as expected.

I was, perhaps unduly, amazed at the number of dupes this year.  Over 3% of our
total Q's (deducted from the above numbers) were dupes, some calling 2 and 3
times in short succession.  I tried the "QSO B4" tactic for a while
and finally just gave in and worked 'em all.  I guess this is just a feature of
Field Day and if it is part of getting new folks on HF and trained in operating
and contesting, I can easily live with it -- it just seemed like more than usual
this year.

As always, a fun non-contest full of challenges not faced at the home station.
Tnx for the Q's and a chance to meet so many new ops on the air.

73, Rock NE7D (and Jeff N7DS)