[3830] CWopsT VE9AA/M QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE9AA/M QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 14:18:07 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jun 27

Call: VE9AA/M
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA/M

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  23
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  23  Mults = 23  Total Score = 529

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

If you worked me this morning, give yourself a big ol' pat on the back.

This was QRP mobile on a Harley !  If the MINI provides a poor ground plane,
what can I say about the electrical properties of a 'Bike?

Pleased as punch to work 23 of you however, QRP with a 2' Hustler antenna on a
back of a good ol' chunk of American Iron !  2004 Harley Road King Classic.

Rig was a very unusual Tokyo Hy-Power HT-120 (sold in the US as a Kantronics
KT-120 or by Amp Supply TR-120)

Paddles were K8FF minis, built from a kit (NorCal) some 20yrs ago.

Keyer was a TiCk keyer (also a kit from 15 or so yrs ago)

Never had any replies to my CQ's, but almost 2 dozen of you had the elephant
ears on today, farthest likely being Mike AD5A in Texas.  There were a few in 4
, 5 & 6 land I just could not raise.

I may try again this afternoon if I get home in time, but then will be retiring
this rig for the CWT's.  Tuning is way too coarse, I hear both sidebands, no CW
filter and worst of all, the tx-hang time is not adjustable, so I miss the first
character or two when going from TX to RX.....still, no complaints.

Tnx all !

dit dit

Mike VE9AA