[3830] RAC Day VE7RAC(@VE7IO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7io@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE7RAC(@VE7IO) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 03:04:35 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE7RAC
Operator(s): VA7QD VA7NF VE7IO VE7TI VE7ACN VA7NLF
Station: VE7IO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:    1      0       0         0
   80:   43      0       4         0
   40:  103    240       8         8
   20:  160    245      10        10
   15:   62     12       6         5
   10:    1      0       1         0
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  370    497      29        23  Total Score = 234,312

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to all the stations who found us and ended up in our log it was all of
you who made this contest fun. We set up with 3 operating positions, a Flex
6700, an Icom 7610 and an Icom 7300 all with legal limit amplifiers. We were off
to a great start until one of our tri-band beams failed late on Sunday which
left us with the SteppIR and a TH7.  In some ways it was not as bad as it could
have been as propagation was very poor on 15 meters and 40 was in and out. So we
finished the contest with two radios both on SSB.

We had the same ops as we have had for several years so we had lots of great
conversation while not operating.

We thank the Surrey Amateur Radio Club for the loan of their 100' US Towers
mobile tower and TH7 beam.  We had planned on using this for the 3rd operating
position but it turned out that it saved the day when we lost the on site TH6.

We had the mobile tower all the way up to 100' and, while I am one 1.5 acres, we
live in a very developed neighborhood I'm sure they were curious as to what was
going on.

Thanks to all the operators who took the time to work us.

73
Fred VE7IO