[3830] IARU K8CN SOABCW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K8CN SOABCW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 12:30:02 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: SOABCW QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:    6     0       2       0
   40:  114     0      14       8
   20:  180     0      12      18
   15:   47     0       4       4
   10:   12     0       4       1
-------------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Didn't know if I was going to be able to participate this year after suffering a
severe knee injury at work this past Thursday, but fortunately I could keep the
leg up while operating.

I marvel at the weak signal copying ability of all the WRTC2018 ops - I could
barely hear many of them, yet they heard QRP me, often on 1st call - truly
amazing hearing!  I had no extended runs of DX, just some brief domestic runs of
North American stations, but it was still exciting.  Propagation to EU was much
better for me on 40 meters Saturday night than 20 meters had been at any point.
I plan to put in a more complete effort next year!

73,
Mike, K8CN

Rig: K3 at 5 Watts, Lazy H designed for 20 meters but used on all bands
Local interference: Mr. Opie, our Maine coon cat, who insists on his rightful
sleeping position between my keyboard and monitor.