[3830] IARU IR4K(IZ4JUK) SOABSSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU IR4K(IZ4JUK) SOABSSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 17:55:53 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: IR4K
Operator(s): IZ4JUK
Station: IR4K

Class: SOABSSB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:   0        0     0        0
   80:   0       55     5       25
   40:   0      179     8       31
   20:   0      894    28       38
   15:   0      362    17       29
   10:   0       81     7       18
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     1571    65      141  Total Score = 763,436

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

The IARU HF world chanmpionship is always a great fun!
At around 00:00 utc a kind of tropical storm was in my area; a lot of static
which made impossible to hear any station below 9+10 dB!
A static spark opened a 24V relay on top of my tower, I tought I lost my main
antenna. I stopped for 30 minutes to understand what appened.
I then noted that my main rig output power was half, so the amplifier wasn't
driven properly. The second rig helped.
Unfortunately all this happened during a good opening to NA on 20 mt.
Never mind; a better result compared to last year, the WRTC event for sure
increased the participation and the competition.
See you in the next contest
73'
Giuseppe "Joe" IZ4JUK