[3830] CQWW VHF WB8WKQ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, seismadude2@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF WB8WKQ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 20:49:03 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: WB8WKQ
Operator(s): WB8WKQ
Station: WB8WKQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  40     30
    2:   1      1
-------------------
Total:  41     31  Total Score = 1,302

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I really don't have much of a VHF contest station, by six meter beam is
basically sitting on my deck and my 2 meter antenna is polarized for the
repeaters.  With that said, I was very pleased to work as many stations as I did
with my weak signal.  Even worked K7CW in WA, which pleased me to no end.  At
the start of the contest on Saturday, didn't hear a single signal, but the band
opened up about 5pm and was open till I called it quits around 8 pm.  Then
Sunday the band was open from about 10 am till about 1 pm.  Very fun, and just
destroyed last years total (15 Q's, hi hi).  Thanks for all the contacts.