[3830] CQWW VHF VE4VT SOSB/6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF VE4VT SOSB/6 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 21:44:10 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 13:00

    6:  308   156
    2:
-------------------
Total:  308   156  Total Score = 48,048

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Saturday was pretty exciting. For 12 years I have listened to folks in the south
and of course the east coast working Europe Africa and Japan. Well I finally
copied and worked EA8DBM. He was only copied for less than 3 minutes so I
counted myself lucky. 4300 miles

Also some nice double hop to the Carribean. Work ZF, FG, CO, KP4, about 2900
miles.

Well the best was saved for last when running the west coast, K6MIO called in
with a BK29 grid. I figured WSJT had busted the call but was I surprised when it
was legit and from Hawaii. 3800 Miles!  Well that started the happy dance as I
never dreamed of working HI on 6m without F2 propagation.  Now to get the QSL
for WAS on 6m!!!

Sunday strarted witrh a strong opening to the NE US but by late morning it was
gone.

Still need Europe and Asia ...Maybe next year!

5 element yagi at 55 feet/300Watts

Thanks for Q's

73 Ed VE4VT