[3830] CQWW VHF K5QB(@K5NA) SOSB/6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K5QB(@K5NA) SOSB/6 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 23:30:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K5QB
Operator(s): K5QB
Station: K5NA

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: EN10
Operating Time (hrs): ~14

    6:  377   170
    2:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  377   170  Total Score = 64,090

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Again many thanks to Susan, K5DU and Richard, K5NA for the use of their station
during the contest.  I could not present the below results without their
hospitality, help and guidance.

        Band  Mode   QSOs    Pts  Grid
          50  CW     180     180   64
          50  FT8     87      87   65
          50  USB    110     110   41
       Total  Both   377     377  170

Score : 64,090

Saturday conditions were outstanding except for a two hour propagation drop
right after the contest started.  Worked: SP, DL, PA, EI, OZ, JA and locally:
CO, ZF, HI, XE, VE.  Grabbing 9H1 after the 1st call was unexpected.  The
following were heard: SM, LA, G, MM, GW, EA, F, TF, CT, and EA8 but no QSOs
materialized.  All of these were on FT8 except XE and VE.

Sunday propagation opened up around 1500Z, but never to EU - NA with a bit into
the Caribbean.  Typically, morning propagation was to the East and in the
afternoon, to the West.  The last 1-2 hours of the contest was FT8 only due to
the deteriorated propagation.

CW was a the bread and butter mode, with USB a close second.  The high
multiplier count of the FT8 contacts is due to the DX chasing aspect of the
operation on Saturday.

I'd like to thank all those who called me and gave me the points and mults.
Thank you for bearing with me during the pileups.

See you down the log.

73,
Jarek, K5QB