[3830] CQWW VHF KR1ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF KR1ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 15:52:41 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FN21fk
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

    6:  153    78
    2:   38    17
-------------------
Total:  191    95  Total Score = 21,755

Club:

Comments:

Rig: IC-7300(6m), IC-275H(2m)
PWR: 100W(6m), 50W(2m)
Ant: M2 6M3(6m), M2 2M9(2m)

Another fun contest became a memory. It was great to have openings on 6m on both
days, and being able to work EU on 6m is just the cherry on top. Using NA
Contest Mode in FT8 on 6m has proven to me to be difficult at best. At times if
felt I was working more to get the sequence right than making the actual QSO,
which often could have been easily completed on SSB. I abandoned the Contest
Mode quickly and things went a bit smoother, until I ran into someone in Contest
Mode. Sadly, some folks abandoned the QSO when switching messages/mode was
needed. I'm not faulting anyone, it's just the nature of the beast that has been
awakened.

I can't really compare to previous years, but I was a little disappointed with
the activity on 2 meters. I'm still hoping to make my first MS QSO on 2 meters.

Thanks for all the Q's and pulling my signal out of the noise! I included the
mode break-out below.

See you in September!

73,
--Alex KR1ST (FN21)