[3830] IOTA PJ4DX SO(A)12SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, teleniuslowe@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA PJ4DX SO(A)12SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 13:48:39 +0000
                    IOTA Contest

Call: PJ4DX
Operator(s): PJ4DX
Station: PJ4DX

Class: SO(A)12SSB HP
QTH: Bonaire SA-006
Operating Time (hrs): 12.00

   80:   0        0       16       11
   40:   0        0       96       27
   20:   0        0      569       62
   15:   0        0      116       20
   10:   0        0       31        5
Total:   0        0      828      125  Total Score = 650,625

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

A lower calculated claimed score this year despite making slightly more QSOs
and working more multipliers than last year. I suppose I must have worked more
World stations and fewer Island stations this year. I made a few QSOs on 10,
15,
40 and 80m, but once again 20m was the only band where I was able to run
stations for any length of time. I was not expecting much of 10m or 15m but
conditions seemed particularly poor on 40m, where many stations' signals were
weaker than on 80m. Bring back the sunspots! This is still very much a
Euro-centric contest: not a single JA, VK, ZL or other Pacific station heard,
nothing from YB and, apart from EA8 and CT3 only 6W1SU from Africa. Despite
being surrounded by numerous Caribbean multipliers I only worked a few KP4's,
YV7MAY and 8P6CH. I did not even work my own multiplier, SA-006! I always find
the level of activity in this contest to be very disappointing, except from
Europe. Rig: Yaesu FT-2000, Acom 1500 amp at 1kW to Spiderbeam at 11m for
10-15-20, 2 x phased verticals on 40m, single quarter-wave vertical for 80m. 73
Steve, PJ4DX.