[3830] NAQP CW N8XX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N8XX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 02:56:45 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:    0     0
   80:    1     1
   40:   61    32
   20:   64    31
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  126    64  Total Score = 8,064

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Team 5

Comments:

Fun Contest.  Set up on back porch with field antenna.  just a 31 foot
collapsible fishing pole and a #22 wire with a drag line virtual ground.
Regular antenna broke when I was adjusting it, and is awaiting arrival of a 40
foot long irrigation tubing for support.

Conditons were quite favorable on both 40 and 20 meters.  Goal was 100 Q's, but
they kep coming, so I stuck with it longer than anticipated.

Tried 80 meters, which is "sorta loaded with the KX2's internal tuner, but
efficiency of the radiation was low, and spent most of the time on the band with
folks CQing in my face. :)

Quite a few folks did a double take with my adlpted Name "SUMMER" in
honor of our friend VE5SDH who is having medical problems. Some folks insisted
on QSL as "HUMMER" even though I tired very hard to spell SUMMER.
And, I suspect the prefills from previous contest results may have caused a
surprise.