[3830] NAQP CW N9NB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tsrwvcomm@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N9NB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 06:33:53 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N9NB
Operator(s): N9NB
Station: N9NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   99    22
   80:  191    38
   40:  359    52
   20:  217    43
   15:   24    17
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  892   178  Total Score = 158,776

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Multi-Chapter

Comments:

Fun as always!

I had a late start, missed the first half hour due to the Roanoke Hamfest, and
then some time spent to check that my new remote station setup could turn on and
off the rig remotely (it did! Success- I will be able to operate remote from now
on, starting with one FTDX5K radio using the remote rig boxes, and by connecting
to the lower antennas-- to try and protect from lightning).

This was my first contest using a new 80/160m vertical antenna that uses the
tower and requires no relays, allowing for a simple single coax feed. This is a
design I was interested in trying for years, and worked with W5JAW to confirm
its functionality in EZNEC before deploying on the tower. The new vertical
seemed to perform quite well. Hoping to have the 2 el phased vertical system
(using the 2 towers) in place for the fall contest season.

Its amazing how a year ago, I would need hours to set up and reconfigure the
shack with BPFs, the Microham MK2R, and triplexers and switching for the low
yagis, but nowadays I have become much more accustomed to moving things around,
changing the settings on the FTDX5K from remote to MK2R functionality, SO2R,
etc.

Nice to work so many stations this weekend. This NAQP format is so nice, with
the 30 minute breaks and the 12 hour duration. Always look forward to it.

Tnx for the Q's! 73 ted n9nb

 Band     QSOs     Pts  Sec  Mt2  Pt/Q
   1.8      99      99   27    0   1.0
   3.5     191     191   37    1   1.0