[3830] NAQP CW N5RZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N5RZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 22:07:03 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   11     6
   80:  138    35
   40:  281    51
   20:  254    51
   15:   19     8
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  705   153  Total Score = 107,865

Club:

Team: DFWCG Collie

Comments:

Another good NAQP.   Still minimal antennas here.  It's not fun to be weak!
Called lots of guys who CQ'ed in my face!

CQ'ed a lot on 15M & 10M on 2nd radio with poor results.  Surprised by a
call from WD0T (SD) out of the blue on 10M early on!

The 20M GP just doesn't cut the mustard.   The HF2V worked fine on 40M.   80M
condx were pretty poor.  Spent too much time trying to make the poor antenna
work on 160M.  Got sucked in by "first calling" K5KG in FL early on -
great ears Geo!  After that very few others except locals could hear me on top
band.

It is amazing looking through the 3830 postings to see stations with big scores
who I either never heard, never worked, or only worked one time.  Gotta figure
out how to remedy that!

Thanks to all for the QSO's.

73,  Gator

Radios:    Elecraft K3/P3 and TS2000X   with MK2R+ SO2R box

Antennas:  20M GP - 4 elevated radials.
           HF2V for 40M & 80M - 4 elevated radials for each band
           Carolina Windom 160 in sloper configuration from 47' tower
           HI-Z 8 circle receive array used on 40-80-160

N1MM+ Logging Software