[3830] 222Up K3TUF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 222Up K3TUF Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 02:18:56 +0000

  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:  103  Total Score = 56,152

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Was part of the team: Pack Rats
What a fun and yet trouble laden contest. I say fun because I love microwave
contacts and the length of this event. Fun to work the rovers who go out and
make it all the more fun. One fellow hiked three miles each way to get on a peak
and carried all he needed to make it happen.
But it was trouble laden because, in spite of having output indication, I had no
radiated signal on 902, 1296 or 10g. 10g was on the bench for repair, so I knew
that band was inoperable but very sad to lose two workhorse bands, 902 and 1296.
In addition, the noise level from the week of rain we had in our county bringing
floods was troublesome on 222 and 432 all of Saturday. Fortunately, on Sunday
morning it has subsided enough for better contacts.
Keep up the good work, I love this contest.
Phil K3TUF