[3830] MDC QP N7MZW Standard LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] MDC QP N7MZW Standard LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 05:50:42 +0000
                    Maryland/DC QSO Party

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: Standard LP
QTH: Cheyenne,WY
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

  160:   0       0      0
   80:   0       1      0
   40:   0      14      0
   20:   0       4      0
   15:   0       0      0
   10:   0       0      0
    6:   0       0      0
    2:   0       0      0
  432:   0       0      0
----------------------------
Total:   0      19      0  Mults = 8  Total Score = 586

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Icom IC-706MKIIG,ZS6BKW flat top up 50 feet,running N-S at 6,053 feet elevation
from DN-71 in Laramie County Wyoming,Heil Pro Micro Headset using VOX,Vectronics
HFT-1500 Manual Tuner. I really had to pull teeth in this one. MDC Ops just not
hearing my 100 watt signal for the first 7 hours of the event. I had much better
luck on 40 meters. I heard LOTS of Ops wasting critical time,(and killing their
rate by making LONG "CQ CONTEST...CQ CONTEST FOR THE MARYLAND QSO
PARTY" calls after EVERY SINGLE CONTACT...and by saying "I am a
standard station (with every contact"). If there are more than 2 or 3 non
MDC ops waiting to work you after your long "CQ Contest" transmission
has just finished,then you have just wasted your time, and the time of those
waiting to work you. Let others determine the exchange by listening to the last
person you worked.Most players read the contest rules, or will ask you what you
need.Nice to work W4GO/m in 3 different counties. Your signal was strong and
your audio was excellent.Was surprised to not hear any activity on the suggested
freqs during the last 30 minutest of the contest. It was great to work Scott,
N3FJP who writes the ONLY general logging and contest specific software that I
will ever use at my Amateur Station. The MDC QSO Party Web Site made completing
the required summary sheet a snap. Thanks to all that worked my modest station.
Another "!00 Watts and a Wire" adventure is in the books. 73,
November Seven Many Zebras Walking-Laramie County Wyoming-DN-71