[3830] NAQP SSB KD9MS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craigbradley700@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KD9MS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 12:45:24 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 4:20

  160:    0     0
   80:    7     7
   40:  157    36
   20:   18    11
   15:    2     2
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  184    56  Total Score = 10,304

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC W4MYA Memorial Team #8

Comments:

My son and daughter-in-law are having a baby. So about 20 minutes before the
contest, I get a phone call that says they are going to the hospital. I rushed
around and got ready and then at 1800Z I was ready to go, then my dad and sister
walked in and were getting ready. House full of company. I sneaked into the
shack and made a few really quick calls so I could at least make a few points
for the club.

15 meters was almost dead I got 2 quick QSOs there from others that thought
there might be some propagation there. Then I went to 20 for a few more. Later
on they said no baby today, so I went back to the shack. There was nobody really
to speak of on 20, so I tried 40 and it was busy.

The noise was pretty bad, but I managed to find a frequency and called CQ for a
while and made a pretty good run. Lots of SMC were on and also lots of friends
that I usually catch on RTTY. That was nice!

I had a really good unexpected QSO with a gentleman from Atlanta running 10
watts for a few minutes. Even though this is a contest, you really still need to
remember, this is a QSO Party. So I had a few nice exchanges with some other
people and had a lot of fun.

I believe I finally have the bad coax splice in my 2nd radio fixed. Although I
didn't get to use it very much, it worked fine. I hate spliced runs of coax!

We still don't have a new grandchild, but at least I got to contest for a bit.

Craig KD9MS
Go SMC!