[3830] KsQP W0S(K0BJ) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brucefrahmk0bj@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP W0S(K0BJ) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 21:37:19 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: W0S
Operator(s): K0BJ
Station: K0BJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: THOmas
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

   80:    1
   40:   61     15
   20:  300    730
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  362    745      0  Mults = 55  Total Score = 141,880

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Condx were stinky enuff at the Sunday start I decided Lord Heaviside was
suggesting I worship a different God for the morning  :-)

My laundry list of excuses for not scoring better includes a rotator stuck ENE
(been an emergency for 3 months now!), arcing problem on 40M coax limiting me to
200W, and no computer cw keying since I got on FT8 for the Es season this year.
OH.... and most interestingly a 3 hour QRX Saturday for Colby's Sunflower
Festival's big lab experiment -- destructive sampling of sixty types of 807s.
Each of the 400 lab techs was assigned 40 tests.....  I meandered back to the
shack after performing 'just' 24 HI.  Among the other lab techs was 90 year old
WA0JSM from 120 miles away.  He spotted my KS QSO PARTY sweathshirt featuring
the 5c Amateur Radio stamp and with his ex-Novice son who has just QSYed from AZ
he hopes to get back on the air. Great eyeball QSO.

Among many pleasant on-air contacts was the best one... a short gabfest with
Ruth KM4LAO. I got acquainted with her from her National Parks on the Air
activations and had an eyeball QSO at Dayton just prior to her speech at the DX
Dinner detailing the Youth DX Adventure to Saba.  She's the recent winner of the
prestigious Maxim Award.

Missed AK CO NE for WAS, and didn't work SK or most of the list of more esoteric
Canadian mults.  Only logged 22 of our 1x1s, which isn't impressive especially
with the addition of the C and D series for YELLOWBRICKROAD.

Tnx to all especially W0BH and our out-of-state mobiles who come in to cover our
105 counties.