[3830] TnQP N8II SO FixedMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] TnQP N8II SO FixedMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 18:27:22 +0000
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO FixedMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~7.8

  160:    3      2              3
   80:   34     16             27
   40:   76     46             60
   20:    6      3              8
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 700 bonus points with K4TCG, hit the jackpot on 160-20.

It was not all roses, but I decided to stick with it since there were 4 CW
mobiles active vs. probably 2 last year. Don, N4ZZ was "on the road
again";many thanks! I did a pretty good job catching what was there; the
20M Q's were all during about a 12 minute sporadic E opening from 1848-1900Z
except for K4TCG. Only W4RTN was not near the noise. Speaking of him, congrats
on a very nice score, don't know how we missed each other on phone, but made 4
bands on CW. I did S&P several sweeps on 40 and 75M. The 75M activity was
disappointing, but once it was past sunset, 75/80/160 were fairly noisy (better
than Saturday!). However, many more could have been worked if active. 80 was not
particularly good, the little gun were fairly weak. W4NZ and K1GU mobiles had
good signals on 80 most of the time. 40 was the bread and butter band, a decent
turnout from casual ops on 40 phone. But, despite being a 640 mile drive from
Nashville, the skip zone went extremely long from 2130-0030Z and from at least
Nashville east, no one was above a whisper from TN. Only N4ZZ/M of the 4 active
was workable. About the only positive was this fit in well into the dinner hour,
not worth struggling to work 5-10 Q's an hour. I went to 80 first at 23Z and
there were a few there. Activity on 75/80 peaked around 2400-0130Z. 40 was
better than ever around 01Z, but activity had gone down to 80.

Many thanks to the Ted W4NZ and and Don, N4ZZ and their mobile teams for many
counties. W4NZ had some kind of RX problem the first 2-3 counties, but was easy
to work after that. Thanks also to mobiles Doug, W9WI and Ned, K1GU for many Q's
and mults at least while I could hear you. Thanks to the team at K4RO for making
K4TCG available on all usable bands. And thanks also to all who made the TNQP
pretty active under trying conditions. Without the fade out on 40, over 100
mults would have been easy.

73, Jeff