[3830] AlQP AJ6T SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aj6t@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] AlQP AJ6T SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 22:09:48 +0000
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: MADISON
Operating Time (hrs): 8;45

  160:
   80:   36      1
   40:   39    114
   20:    3     51
   15:           3
   10:           2
--------------------
Total:   78    171  CW Mults = 40  Ph Mults = 45  Total Score = 27,795

Club:

Comments:

Despite the poor propagation I had an enjoyable time operating in my first AQP
from Alabama.  I was pleased to be able to get a few runs going on both SSB and
CW. Out-of-state activity was low, probably due to the multiple other contests
also scheduled for this date.  I originally intended just a casual SSB-only
effort, but when the phone action got slow I switched to CW and kept alternating
bands and modes for the rest of the contest.  Ten and fifteen meters were dead,
but I moved a couple of stations to those bands for a few extra points.  Most of
my in-state county multipliers came on 80 meter CW near the end of the AQP.  My
FT857D and all-band OCF dipole worked well for the propagation that was
available.  Two Europeans did wind up in my N1MM+ log. I took off some time to
watch some of the college football action on TV.