[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N5RZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb5aar@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF N5RZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 17:08:39 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  79     50  Total Score = 5,650

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Had limited time this weekend.  Got on when I could to work locals and chase
rovers.   Of the 79 Q's, 51 were with rovers!   Thanks guys for hitting the
road.

No 902 or 1296 this time - antennas down.    Got 432 coax hooked up to the
antenna about 2 hours before the contest & dug out the 432 222 144 bricks
& 222 xvtr & all hooked up by about 1815Z.   In checking the set up, 6
222 and 432 checked out, but SWR on 2M (13B2) was sky high. I've had some large
buzzards who have been perching on the Driven Element of the 13B2 in recent
weeks, and probably did something to it.    Didn't feel like climbing the tower
again, so just used the TS2000x barefoot on 2M --  only about 40W out due to
SWR.

One of thee days I'll get the real antennas up & have things a bit more
permanent and "bird proof".   Condx were so-so on 144 222 & 432,
and rather poor on 50 MHz.   Never heard an e-skip opening on 6M the times I was
on.   SSB & CW only -  no digital modes.

Lots of welcome rain over the weekend, but no thunder/lightning thank goodness.

BTW, I will be doing the write up for this contest in QST.  Please forward any
stories and photos to me at:     wb5aar at gmail dot com    All contributions
appreciated.

Equipment this time:

50 MHz:    Elecraft K3/P3/KPA1500  to 3 el yagi @ 51'
144 MHz:   TS2000x about 40ish Watts to 13B2 @ 55'
222 MHz:   TS2000x to Microwave Modules Transverter + 100W brick to 15 el @ 53'
432 MHz:   TS2000x + 80W brick to 15 el @ 49'
N1MM+ Logging software

Thanks to all for the QSO's and 73,  Gator