[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KR1ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alex@kr1st.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF KR1ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 18:43:14 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  185    56  Total Score = 10,808

Club:

Comments:

Radios:   IC-7300 (6m), IC-9100 (2m, 70cm)
Power:    100W on 6/2, 75W on 70cm
Antennas: M2 6M3 @28ft
          M2 2M9SSB @32ft

This was easily my best September VHF contest yet. Then again, breaking past
scores of less than a 1000 is not quite that hard. :-) I did not experience any
Es openings on 6m although I may have been on the fringe of one. I did see N4BP
(EL96) and W2OR (EL99), and perhaps a few others in FL on FT8. On 2 meters I did
not notice much enhancement, except for maybe on Sunday evening when I worked my
best DX, and a new state (MI), KB8U on FT8. I have no antenna for 70cm, but used
the 2m Yagi at a 45 degree azimuth offset to work a few stations. Guess what my
next project will be. :-) I realize that the extra 25 Watts on 70cm puts me in
the LP category, instead of the 3-band category.

Best DX: 6m K0DAS and K9MU both at 833 miles (MS)
         2m KB8U 466 miles (FT8)
         70cm K3TUF and N2NT both at 93 miles (SSB)

Many thanks to the rovers for all your hard work! You guys make the contest
especially interesting. It's fun trying to follow you and work you in as many
grids as possible. These are the rovers I worked: K2EZ/R, N2SLN/R, KJ2G/R,
WA3PTV/R, and NF2RS/R.

I included the band-mode break down below. I made most of the SSB QSO's on
Saturday and spent most of Sunday on FT8. I definitely need to get a better
handle on working MS and add CW to my tool chest.

Thanks for the P's and Q's! I hope to see you in the next one!

73,
--Alex KR1ST (FN21fk)

 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Grd
    50  FT8     67      67   12