[3830] WAE SSB I2WIJ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB I2WIJ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 22:11:06 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: I2WIJ
Operator(s): I2WIJ
Station: I2WIJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

   80:   10           9
   40:  215   131    42
   20:  396   311    60
   15:   14    20    11
   10:    0
-------------------------
Total:  635   462   304  Total Score = 333,488

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Started very late after a busy saturday with the main goal
to give the new 2 ele full-size 40M beam a more serious test.
The second qso was on 40 with my friend Don, JE6RPM, who promised, the week
before, to give me a real report. He said I was loud & clear. So far so
good.
Then I worked about 20 more qso with Asia and got many "big signal"
from
HZ, A6, 9K, and JA. So far so good, again.
Then worked 200 qso on 20M with a good NA pile-up and around 0000Z
went back to 40 beaming NA.
S&Ped to work a few of the big Multi stations then found home on 7180 and
started CQing. It started a strip of 130 Qsos, and a few QTCs, in just over an
hour.
I had forgotten the sound and how pleasant the 40 were!
Of course, also from the other side of the pond, many "big signal"
comments and, let me tell you, they really made my day!
It was enough, so went to bed with 356 Q in the log and slept very well!
The rest was Sunday walking, with poor 15M conditions, and no conditions at all
on 10M.
Enjoyed some more pile-up on 20 and on 40 at the end.
The new antenna still need a good fine-matching, as I can see from the VNA
report, but I am pretty confident it works really well, and even better than
expected. So yes, I have a 40m beam.
CU in the next one.
Bob, I2WIJ