[3830] ARRL Sep VHF VE3SMA/R Unlimited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3sma@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF VE3SMA/R Unlimited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 11:31:46 +0000

  3.4:    9     4
  5.7:    8     4
  10G:   12     4
  24G:    6     4
-------------------
Total:  263    83  Total Score = 43,967

Club:

Comments:

Grid count includes 6 grids activated.  This is a rough count...score may drop a
bit when I get it more rigorously scored with the aid of a computer!

My first go at Unlimited Rover in September.  Thanks to VE3AYR, VE3JI and VE3RZ
for their operating and logistics skills, and equipment provision, that made it
possible.  Not to mention the equipment loans from VE3HEE, VA3ELE, VE3WJ and
VE3OIL.

Propagation was really pretty awful on all bands, which made it a challenge.  It
was cool and windy, as well...all thanks to the last bit of a tropical storm
hovering just south of us.  But at least it didn't rain on us, so it was an
enjoyable outing.

Most of the gear worked throughout, though there were some issues with the FM
gear on Saturday that cost us a few QSOs, as well as some PTT problems on 2m
SSB.

73,
Steve VE3SMA/R