[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W5PR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF W5PR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 17:32:01 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  45     25  Total Score = 1,125

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Conditions were the usual for September VHF, totally flat. Most of the contacts
(34) were on FT8. Band never opened for SSB. Only phone contacts were locals and
out to West TX in EM00, EM10 and EM20. Finally got the SSB and FT8 configuration
correct. When I was trying to SO2R the Flex 6700 and WSJT-X with DX Labs and
DDUtil running, I ran into trouble with switching back and forth causing the
frequency to default both rigs to the same frequency. I decided to set it back
up without DX Labs. I followed the SO2R setup instructions I had even though I
was not really SO2R because I wanted to keep all the antennas together so I
could transmit on all of them. This worked well and I only had a couple of
hiccups where I had to reload the computer after shutting down WSJT and it not
wanting to restart because it thought it had an instance already running. Now I
need to figure out what is wrong with Winkeyer so I can be on CW too.
Longest QSO was K0GU in DN70.