[3830] ARRL 10G+ VA3TO 10G Only QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, radeohedca@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10G+ VA3TO 10G Only QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 12:20:43 +0000
                    ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest

Call: VA3TO
Operator(s): VA3TO
Station: VA3TO

Class: 10G Only QRP
QTH: Ontario
Operating Time (hrs): 18.75

  10G:        24            16031
  24G:
  47G:
  75G:
 123G:
 134G:
 241G:
Light:
-------------------------------------
Total:        24            16031  Total Score = 18,431

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Team:

Comments:

I roved with VA3ELE Peter both days of the August weekend and on Sunday of the
September weekend.
On Saturday (August) we drove to the West end of the north shore of Lake Erie
and worked from many spots moving eastward. We got about half way back before we
packed it in. On Sunday (August) we roved the east end of Lake Ontario working
various spots westward. We made it back about halfway before calling it a
night.
I could not participate much on Saturday in September due to a family commitment
but on Sunday I roved with Peter. We traveled east along the north shore of Lake
Ontario starting about halfway along and continued eastward. We made it as far
as the Quebec border but had to cut it short late in the afternoon. All in all a
fun time and we got to take in many beautiful beaches and scenery along Lakes
Erie and Ontario that I would never likely have seen. Despite my limited
operating time this is my personal best score and I upped my distance record
from 330km to 447km. Looking forward to next year !

Station: 2' Macom dish, DB6NT G3 transverter, DEMI 2.5w PA, DEMI 2 stage LNA,
FT-817 I.F. rig.

I added a Bliley 10MHz OCXO reference between the Aug and Sept weekends... what
a difference ! Nice to have the confidence in knowing that I'm on or very close
to the frequency where I should be, with no perceivable drift. No more guessing.
I'm very happy with the performance of my rig.