[3830] CQ WW RTTY W5PR SOSB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W5PR SOSB10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 15:31:34 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W5PR
Operator(s): W5PR
Station: W5PR

Class: SOSB10 HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  36        6       8    6
-----------------------------------
Total:  36        6       8    6  Total Score = 1,680

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

When I decided to do the RTTY DX Contest single band 10m, I was expecting a
long, slow weekend. It was WAY longer and slower than I expected. I did work an
LU at 0015 Z on scatter the first night for my only Q.
The next day, I waited until 1611 Z for my next contact, also a LU. Last Q on
Sat. was at 2320. Sunday was even worse, if that is possible. First Q at 1411
and last at 2148. Only had 14 contacts on Sunday.
13 total LUs in the contest, 6 PYs, 2 CEs, 1 PZ, 1 P4, 1 YV, 1 CX and only 11 US
contacts. Worked TX, PA, IL, LA, NC and AL for states. Worked 6 zones: 4, 5, 9,
11, 12, 13.
High rotary antenna is still dead until I finish recuperating from my shoulder
surgery. On Saturday for about an hour, the signals seemed to be scattering from
all directions. No matter which direction I pointed, they were all about the
same signal strength!