[3830] CWopsT VE9AA HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE9AA HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 20:11:58 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Oct 3

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  85
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  85  Mults = 85  Total Score = 7,225

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to do something a bit different today.  Since I was at home, sick, I
went
SINGLE BAND-20m,100% run, HP (yes, I know there's no such cat.)

After the first 20-25mins I was well on track to do over 100/10,000pts easily,
but it got progressively slower after the first 35-37mins, and at the 48min
mark, the bottom dropped right out on activity and I only worked a few guys.

Yes, I never did any S&P , which would've netted another few Q's.
No, I never did any SO2R <or SO2V> (again, a couple more Q's possible)
I was sick, so never felt up to anything more than the basic run/run/run.

20m was weird.  Quite long.  The EU's and W6's were banging in which was a good
thing/bad thing.  Bad, in that EU participation was low (probably worked a
bakers dozen of these fellas, but missed F6HKA) and I did get to work a lot of
guys way out West that I don't normally work from the MINI, or at home running
LP.

If you listened to my signal you might have noticed great variations in signal
strength.  I had my right hand on the keyboard or paddles, and the left hand on
the 4-square controller, constantly changing to the 4 prime directions.

I don't know how I can write so much for a one hour contest, HI !

Thanks everyone.  A lotta fun.

dit dit
Mike
IC7410, N3ZN paddles, N1MM+, 700w amp, 4-square wire/aluminum