[3830] CWopsT K4BAI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K4BAI HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 20:26:05 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Oct 3

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.0

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:   66
   20:   41
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------
Total:  107  Mults = 103  Total Score = 11,021

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Slow day at the office.  I'll go back for another 2 hours or so, but glad to be
QRV at the 1900Z session for a change.  Started on 20M.  Had beam fixed on CA
for the CQP this weekend.  Some problem with feedline I guess, and if I move it
around, it may stop functioning.  Set up the 88' center fed zepp, which seems to
work well on 20M and thought it would give me the other directions.  But it has
a vertical component, I guess, and it picked up a lot of noise.  The western
stations and New England were stronger on the beam and very few were more
readable on the zepp due to the noise.  Only DX were F6JOE (using my beam) and
CM8NMN.  Spent about 31 minutes on 20.  On 40, had the zepp and a half wave
dipole.  The dipole seems to favor west, but nearly everyone except a few W5
stations was worked on the zepp.  On 20M, had a hard time running at first, but
finally found a frequency to run for the last half of the time there.
On 40, had a hard time finding a frequency to run too.  Started at bottom of
band and moved up S&P until I found a frequency to run for the remaining 20
minutes or so.  Rate was much better on 40 than on 20.  Close in stations such
as SC and most of TN were weak but workable.  Thanks for all QSOs.  73, John,
K4BAI.