[3830] CaQP AE6Y SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrewfaber@ymail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP AE6Y SOFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 01:47:38 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: SCLA
Operating Time (hrs): 19:44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   23      1
   80:   94     17
   40:  218     18
   20:  325    143
   15:  188     55
   10:   54      7
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

I've entered LP in CQP a number of times, and recall enjoying those efforts, but
not this one; this was a lot of hard work. In particular phone was brutal.  I
couldn't get any decent runs on the high bands, and 40 and 80 were impossible.
The first hour started off great at a 112 rate (good for LP) but it went
downhill from there.  In the rest of the contest, I only had one other hour
above 70 (that was 74)! Also, I seemed to run out of activity workable on 40 and
80 much earlier in the evening than usual, and I gave up a little before 11
p.m., instead of the usual 12:30 or so.  I tried to do SO2R most of the time
(including many hours of alternate CQing), but just couldn't get the rate up.
Maybe I need to re-acquire my old FT1000D, which I used to keep around just so I
could run 200 watts in CQP LP!
  On the plus side, mults were relatively plentiful.  My last one was NE, worked
on Saturday evening.  Thanks to guys for putting in a real effort, including
KH6TU, W7RN (who knew he would be workable on 20 and 15?), KL7SB, who was
everywhere, and VY1AAA.
  Congratulations to KI6RRN on a terrific LP score.
  73, Andy, AE6Y
K3, IC-7600
3 el 10-20, 2 el 40, 1 el 80, inv vee 160.
CQPWIN software ver 12.9