[3830] CaQP NO6T(@N5ZO) M/SFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marko.n5zo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP NO6T(@N5ZO) M/SFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 04:26:43 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: NO6T
Operator(s): N5ZO N6AN
Station: N5ZO

Class: M/SFixed HP
QTH: SDIE
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

  160:    36    15
   80:   247    66
   40:   344   171
   20:   469   516
   15:   245   124
   10:   100    29
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1441   921  Mults = 58  Total Score = 356,700

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Davis N6AN drove down again from LANG to do 2 man multi single here at N5ZO.  It
was third year we did it in CQP, so maybe it is becoming tradition.  M/S in this
contest is really time shared SO2R, and we just took turns in chair to operate
my SO2R station.  However, since we were multi op, we could also operate whole
30 hrs.  But it gets pretty slow after everyone has gone to bed Saturday night
and slowest continuous 6 hrs yielded just 195 Qs during the night with lots of
moving stations between bands and modes, which is always fun.  It looks like
this year we passed M/S record by bit of margin after missing it by hair both
previous years, so will have to see after log checking if it will still hold.
80 m was super noisy whole night and 200 ft long BOG was really usefull this
time.  We were surprised by Sunday's 10 m opening, and signals were quite strong
here.  Tried to advertise it to everyone on other radio which was on 15 m and
many made QSY.  We always discuss that we should do more SSB, but again this
year we ended up with even more CW Qs than before, which also is not bad problem
to have.  It just seemed that especially during the night CW was mode to be on
with robots doing all the automatic spotting of all stations.  Station worked
better than I expected, even after introducing some new gear during previous
week, which was not well tested before.  But we had our usual events of fumbling
about something and having both modes in the contest adds a layer of additional
manually managed complexity on antenna switching etc which then results some
user errors during the contest.  We were operating with antenna to wrong
direction or amp tripped off several times for more time than we should, but at
least we still always had signal on air.
Tnx for Qs and congrats to some great single op scores set by N6MJ, N6WIN and
KI6RRN.
73 de Marko N5ZO