[3830] CaQP N8II SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP N8II SOFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 19:27:57 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 8.8

  160:    0      0
   80:    0      0
   40:   42      3
   20:   81    158
   15:   57     47
   10:   29     48
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

You never know, 15 was open well both days and oh what an awesome surprise on
10M!
Some SOCAL signals were S9+25-30db here thanks to the beginning solar storm (K
5), but I never noticed any signal flutter. The band opened well to about the SF
Bay area, not much heard farther north and SOCAL signals were stronger and
longer on 15. I had a great run on 20 phone around 2335-0015Z, should ahve been
there sooner, but, but.

A visiting ham and daughter wanting to dine out cost me a serious effort. Jack,
WB8FSV was here from Columbus, OH for the Kennedy Freedom Run with about 2K
participants. He speed walked a half marathon and still had enough energy to
continue touring Antietam Natl. Battlefield afterward, amazing energy! We were
both licensed in 1970.

Don't forget the high bands next year, may very well be worse, but you can still
add a lot of Q's.

The number of poor audio/wide CA phone signals was alarming! One serious
competitor on 15 phone produced S8 crud 7 KHz from his frequency! Please clean
up your signal for SS.

73, Jeff