[3830] Makrothen RTTY N9TF SO/Single Xcvr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY N9TF SO/Single Xcvr LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 16:41:36 +0000
                    Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO/Single Xcvr LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

------------
   80:   56
   40:   73
   20:  148
   15:   23
   10:
------------
Total:  300  Total Score = 1,100,858

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First time I've played in this contest. Time periods fit into my schedule pretty
well. Conditions for DX, from the perspective of a low power low/small antenna
garden station, were not the best. I thought with the distance scoring points,
it would have been a little easier to hit a million points! It took until
contact 284 to break through the million point barrier. Wasn't sure what to
expect as far as activity. First period seemed a bit low in activity. Second
period started a bit late for decent prop to EU from this station. Got up early
this morning to work a few new stations on 40 and 80 and listen for 20 to open,
hoping for good prop to EU and lots of activity. Struggled early until later in
the morning. Certainly not the same DX activity level as CQWW RTTY, and had to
work lots harder for the Q's. Scrambled the last 5 minutes of contest to break
300 Q's!
Had a lot of fun. Was nice to see the score counter break through the million
level. First time I've ever seen that here!!
Ended up with 29 unique DX. 35 less than CQWW RTTY. Worked 146 unique grids.

Thanks for all the Q's and hanging in there on the repeats.

73 Gene, N9TF

Rig, K3S ~80 watts, N1MM+/MMTTY
Antennas, 10/15/20 2 element triband at 37', 40 and 80, short 100' loaded dipole
at 35' apex sloping sagging stretching downward.