[3830] NyQP K8BKM SOCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thammond@chartermi.net
Subject: [3830] NyQP K8BKM SOCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 02:24:04 +0000
                    New York QSO Party

Call: K8BKM
Operator(s): K8BKM
Station: K8BKM

Class: SOCW LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:   61
   40:   65
   20:    3
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:  129     0       0  Mults = 35  Total Score = 9,030

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I hoped to participate in the ILQP on Sunday but we're having company over so I
decided to take a run at NyQP instead. The weather was crappy here with a
mixture of rail, hail, and snow, with some lightning mixed in, so outdoor
distractions weren't an issue. Played radio pretty much the whole day, but did
take a few breaks during the really boring parts.

Had a really fun competition with a local buddy. Believe it or not, we finished
within 3 Q's of each other with the same number of multipliers. We'll see when
the wash is done who has the cleaner log. That's what I'm hanging my hat on for
now. If I lose then at least it was a strong healthy competition between
friends. Maybe we'll tie and share a plaque. If so, I'll be a good friend and
offer to store it at my house!

Seriously, kinda disappointed in the lack of mobiles, and the relative lack of
movement of the mobiles. Also, in most QSO Parties, the mobiles sign with
/county so you know they've moved. I kept having to ask "QTH?" of the
mobiles, or wait for them to make a Q with someone else so I could copy their
exchange.

For an out-of-stater, I sure ran a lot. It was pretty slim pickings after I
worked the main pack. 40 dried up well before 80 opened, and 160 was not even an
option due to the fall Stew. I made a few Q's on 20 - maybe should have tried a
bit harder there.

Great fun. Thanks for the Q's, and great job, Jeff, WB8WKQ. Dilly Dilly.

Tom