[3830] TBDC G6M(G4BYG) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC G6M(G4BYG) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 09:06:49 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: G6M
Operator(s): G4BYG
Station: G4BYG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Hull IO93SR
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 97  Total Score = 496

Club: Brimham Contest Group

Comments:

Hard work from domestic qth amongst all the usual noise sources.
My small shielded loop seemed to be more effective than the vertical.
Band seemed pretty quiet with little QRN this side of the Atlantic.
Not many USA stations worked and all were well down in strength from usual
levels.
Only outstanding station was NP2J who was audible throughout my darkness hours
of operation.
Very few Clicky stations this time which made for somewhat easier copy of the
weaker strength signals.
All in all I enjoyed the 7 hrs of operation and hope for better conditions in
the BIG ONE later in the year if the Christmas festivities allow.
Setup was an Elecraft K3/100 with a single 3-500z linear amp into a 15m (50ft)
top loaded vertical and a 20ft coaxial rx loop.
73 de Vic G6M (G4BYG)