[3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 14:14:26 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: U.S. Virgin Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 249  Total Score = 3,723

Club:

Comments:

Great conditions to Europe but only mediocre to NA.  Worked only 25 countries
and N1MM logger shows 179 grid squares.  May thanks to George, K8GG, for
modeling my 3-wire cage fed 90 foot tower with a 2-element 40 and 4-element 20
on top. I was previously dumping my RF into a large loading coil.   Eve though
the SWR showed no reflected power, very little RF current was shown flowing in
to cage feed.

Rig:
ICOM 7300 (sitting next to an unused Flex 6600M which would have been nice for
dual diversity reception.  )  The Flex just got here and I need to get used to
using it.
Antennas:
TX: Shunt fed 90' tower
RX: 8 Beverages (not sure all were working properly.

With my Alpha 87A back in Colorado for the third time and am sure I cold have
done better with some "shoes."

VO1NA was my first contact but after that no other Maritime VE's...none.
Sure will miss Jack, VE1ZZ as he was always there.

I have some time now to check on my Beverages.  I hope the amp gets fixed in
time for the big one in December.

73

Herb, KV4FZ