[3830] CQWW SSB W2RE(@W1/EASTPORT) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2re@remotehamradio.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W2RE(@W1/EASTPORT) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 02:48:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2RE
Operator(s): W2RE
Station: W1/EASTPORT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Maine
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

  160:  150    13       48
   80:  329    16       74
   40:  569    24       85
   20: 1485    25       97
   15:  700    21       87
   10:   70     9       18
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Remote Operation (Eastport, Maine) Operator (me) in New York.

Another Noreaster storm for CQWW SSB! In Maine on the coast we dealt with high
winds (50/mph) Ice/Snow. The static from the ice/snow was pretty bad at times. I
typically put 46-48 hours operating but the (snow/ice)static created more time
away from the chair than normal. The weather also caused numerous amp trips
(Solid state) SWR spikes from the Ice/wind on the antennas. I decided to run 1/2
power 600W to stay on the air w/o trips.

The Eastport station easily made up for a few minor inconvienances this weekend.
I had a few 200+ Hours even with 600W! NO EXSCUSES! :)

In early October we finsished up the new 80M 4SQ in Eastport. It played as
expected with awesome reports from EU. I felt loud on 80M! Its (4) DXE
freestanding verticals with 256 radials sitting 500' from the saltwater bay. The
whole kit was purchased from DXE. (Photo Album)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GykV68YgD2kZLtQo7

Nate N4YDU will be driving the Eastport station in CQWW CW.

Thanks for all the QSO's!

Ray W2RE