[3830] CQWW SSB N2RJ(@K2TTT) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ria@n2rj.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N2RJ(@K2TTT) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 03:07:11 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2RJ
Operator(s): K2TTT NE2V N2RJ WO2T N2WKS WA2UBK
Station: K2TTT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: FN20 NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   43     9       20
   80:  120    15       51
   40:  370    26       88
   20: 1164    31      120
   15:  289    23       83
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Hey everyone! Well, obviously given the voices you heard behind my call this
weekend I was not doing a single op. Instead we did a multi op at K2TTT.

My life has gotten extremely hectic these past few months, particularly because
I am running for director of the ARRL Hudson Division and campaigning has been
unbelievably intense. As a result, I could not finish antenna work to do single
op at my QTH because I was at a club meeting or other event nearly every night
for the past two months.

Jay graciously offered to host us for a multi at his place. Since Zev, N2WKS
operates single op from here and only operates on Saturday night through Sunday,
having several other ops would present an opportunity to give the station a good
workout. And that we did.

Friday night, WO2T started the festivities off on 40. I arrived late due to my
kids having a halloween celebration at their school that night. Once I arrived I
took the run position and gave Al the mult position. Being a seasoned DXer Al
was able to make quick work of the mults that presented themselves. I got
decent-ish rate on 40. 40 is always a challenge but it's still my favorite band.
80 and 160 were OK. Not great, just OK.

Saturday morning we looked for Europe on 20 starting around 1000z. Didn't really
get a good run going until around 1100 or so. I took that run all the way to
lunchtime and Al took over for the afternoon period. The rate was about 6-7 per
minute at times. Not bad.

Rain and wind came on Saturday but not the big snowy nor-easter that some
weather people said was coming. Probably for the best since the commander amp
needed the power on. :)

N2WKS and WA2UBK took over on Saturday night through Sunday, along with NE2V.

We totally forgot about 10 meters, but the 2nd radio being not QRO it was kind
of difficult so rate on 15 and 20 was where we concentrated. Maybe if we worked
some on 10 it may have yielded some mults at least.

A really good time had by all, and some things we learned for next time. Huge
thanks to Judi and Jay for hosting us, and to Zev for getting the station ready.

QSL via N2RJ, LoTW, eQSL, QRZ, direct or buro.

73,
K2TTT - Jay
NE2V - Justin
N2RJ - Ria