[3830] CQWW SSB VA7BEC SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7bec@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA7BEC SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 04:41:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:
   80:   25     5        5
   40:   63    13       20
   20:  414    21       57
   15:  334    15       25
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Very challenging. Had a couple pile-ups — 20m on Saturday and 15m on Sunday
— but it was essentially NAQP not worldwide DX. I can count on one hand the DX
that answered my CQs. Well, maybe two hands. Hence, the Q count is not too bad,
but I just didn’t collect the zones and countries to generate a good score.

20m was certainly crowded, so finding a running frequency was tough and holding
it was even tougher, even if/when I got spotted. Sigh.

10m was a total blank though I tried. A band is only really dead when no one is
calling CQ, right? :) 80m and 40m were very tough beyond North America. The
go-to bands were 20m and 15m. I had moderate success with EU S&P on 20m
Sunday morning. Some Qs were so easy and some were not. It's the same old story
— if antennas are pointed to the West Coast and ears are listening for
VA7/VE7, then I get picked up right away. But that is typically NOT the case
since the East Coast is by far the more lucrative target. And I understand that.
So I send out a huge thank-you to the operators across the pond for hearing me
through the fray.

Said hi to some on-air friends and enjoyed some pileup activity, so regardless
of score, it was a good weekend at the radio.

73
Rebecca VA7BEC