[3830] CQWW SSB KI7M SO(A)AB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KI7M SO(A)AB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 20:47:23 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KI7M
Operator(s): KI7M
Station: KI7M

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:    6     7        6
   80:   63    13       20
   40:   86    21       34
   20:  139    23       57
   15:  101    20       38
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I see the comments from some of the other op's praising the conditions. For me
it seemed like this was the highest QRM of any contest I've been in since
getting on in 1977. Could not develop any kind of consistent contact rate on any
band. Actually enjoyed 15 meters better since it wasn't as crowded and you could
relay. Hunt and Peck was the only way to make contacts. I especially enjoy
sitting on one spot and working contacts which is probably true for most people.
But I could not do that this time with the low sunspot cycle...the bottom.
Worked 27 hours to just get 407 contacts which doesn't seem to meet any standard
I set for myself. Over the years I've feel if you are not getting over 500+
contacts you aren't really working at it.
Some of the QRN/QRM especially on 80/40 and even 20 must be local but is
inconsistent and I'm not sure where it comes from. But it did get bad and block
out some Q's sometimes.