[3830] CQWW SSB OH5Z M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rantalaane@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OH5Z M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 12:27:50 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH5Z
Operator(s): K9MA OG9X OH1LEG OH5CZ OH5KS OH5NQ OH5TS OH6XX OH7CW UA2FB
Station: OH5Z

Class: M/M HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  474    12       61
   80: 1201    26      103
   40: 2111    34      127
   20: 2067    39      138
   15:  879    33      131
   10:   49    10       25
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

M/M operations are just the king of multi-op's! K9MA and UA2FB joined us for
CQWW SSB this year. Always fun to meet new and old friends from contesting
scene.

We had four operating positions with either one or two radios per band. 160m/15m
and 80m/10m were shared during the night and day.

160m was like SSB on topband is - tedious. Beverages helped a lot in receiving
and without them many of the QSOs wouldn't be in our log. Middle-East stations
from A4, A7 and HZ were booming in but really difficult to get their attention.

On 80m we got our second rotating dipole at about 55 meter high functioning
completing our setup to be two rotating dipoles on two different towers allowing
us to quickly change directions if needed. 80m dipole at 55m high has
surprisingly high attenuation towards the ends - more than 10 dB. Definite
highlight was KH6J on Sunday afternoon an hour before our sunset. Some kind of
skew path was observed because they were loudest on our JA beverage. Nothing
heard from North.

Our 40m team OH1LEG and OH7CW did splendid job running basically everything
there was on the band. Conditions weren't anything to mention for and both NA
and JA were missing.

20m closed really early for us. We couldn't get NA run going during night time
over the polar path. Few stations were worked with a lot of of VFO spinning and
OH5Z shouting. NA stations were of course beaming to JA and getting their
attention required a lot of work. QSO total is a bit down but multipliers are
quite ok. Only zone 6 missing. XE was heard but pileup couldn't be broken.

15m was a surprise. A lot of multipliers and even some runs were done. More than
half of QSOs on 15m were DX's. Like 20m 15m closed really early allowing us to
swap station to 80m in a good time.

10m was pretty much like expected. We had some problems with one of our tower
direction indicators and some of the 10m QSOs were lost while doing cable
repairs.

All in all really nice contest and we will be back in CQWW CW for sure. Will be
either M/2 or M/M.

73,
Juha OH6XX