[3830] CQWW SSB D4C M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hb9dur@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB D4C M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2018 22:43:22 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: D4C
Operator(s): EA8FF HB9DUR IK2LFF IZ4DPV PY2EL PY2LED PY2WC SQ9D
Station: D4C

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Monteverde
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   276    16       73
   80:  1379    28      107
   40:  1897    35      125
   20:  3503    38      136
   15:  4374    39      158
   10:   567    22       92
-------------------------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

D4C team has worked a lot in the past months to get the station operational at
least on a basic mode. Many hours of telcon meetings, planning, simulations and
executing have enabled us to be qrv in the Multi section again. The House roof
and structural issues belong to the past. We could focus in one of the planned
projects: Antenna stacking. So not only two new towers for the 15m band were
replaced but also Momobeam antenna company provided new antennas to be
configured in a 2x4el NA and 2x4el EU configuration. We are happy of the results
and we plan to extend it to other bands soon.
This year the Guest-op team was composed by PX2A, Alto da Serra DX & Contest
Station members who reached Cape Verde from San Paulo with 3 different flights.
PY2EL Ricardo, PY2LED Fernando, PY2WC Waldir have been a tremendous asset to the
core team. Special thanks go to PY2EL to have persuaded the other two guys to
come over.
Honestly in this leg, many inconvenient by flight delays, luggage lost have
happened to 50% of the participants. This confirms how important is to plan an
early arrival to a such difficult station in terms of WX conditions. IZ4DPV Max
did an enormous preparation and troubleshooting work prior the contest.
Moreover, our 160m antenna was found unusable, therefore Momobeam provided a
MB1-160V 22m high vertical modified as Inv-L at 29m which was set with 100
radials. We had the feeling to be heard well again so confirming its efficiency.

The category was decided on the last minute, also because of the potential
missing people due to bad flight service and to a unfortunate surprise happened
to part of the team just 1 hr before the contest that let us started with lot of
tension and not at ease at all, situation solved on Saturday afternoon only.
We are happy of the good teamwork with new mates and of the station performance
tough without any automation at all as still in planning.
We will keep working hours and hours back in EU to keep up the station and its
improvements.

Tnx all for the QSO and CU in the CW leg. 73!
For D4C, Andrea HB9DUR