[3830] CQWW SSB OM7RU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OM7RU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 23:19:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Dolna Micina
Operating Time (hrs): 42:37

  160:  123     8       33
   80:  406    14       66
   40:  586    23       94
   20:  712    23       79
   15:  141    28       65
   10:   41     6       19
------------------------------

Club: OM0M Dozen Dashes Contest Club

Comments:

Full time operating after 4 years, quite different CONDX.

I made some repairs on HW, all works quite fine. Also RX K9AY was installed. The
only one trouble was SW problems with audio recording + few minor faults of the
DXLog. This is probably the reason of rare appearance in the Client list at
"Live Contest Score Server". Time to test N1MM.

The bands was in relatively good shape, but main bands - 40m and 20m was crowded
a lot. 15m to S/P, especially for mults, with often quick 10m scans. Some
directions were opened only for short time.

The focus of main number of stations to 40m and 20m was evident. Bands were
full, some easy and opened directions were unreacheable. Despite of good signals
and precise antenna beaming the QSOs were sometimes the test of patience. Big
parts of bands were covered by BIG GUNs with enormous strong and wide splattered
signals. I think sometimes it's intention, to not have somebody close to him.
Some of them were so strong, that I think that the burned hole caused by those
burning splatters are on the band even now, hi.

This was probably the last contest without SO2R HW, so I have to speed-up my
effort to reconfigure the whole HAMshack. The plan is to have SO2R in CW leg,
I'll see...

Thanks to all participants!

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 ACOM 2000A
 MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
 DXLog

Antennas:
 160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
 AD-3446 multibander:
   40m:  3 elements
   20m:  4 elements