[3830] SS CW K4GMH SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K4GMH SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 03:21:29 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:  358
   40:  432
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks for all the QSOs.  Appreciate the all the help and patience making them.

Finished getting the last of the two dipoles, 80 and 40 meters, up Sat. morning.
 Didn't have a chance to put them up earlier as the tree guys were here all week
getting the last of the trees taken away that were damaged in the August micro
burst - the same micro burst that destroyed the 130 ft tower and all the
antennas on it.  (Tower and antennas would have been fine if my neighbor's two
trees hadn't fell across a set of the tower's guy wires:>(

Had to figure out how to set up the station as had not operated with two
antennas since August.  Sure enough someone, that I wasn't aware of, had been in
the shack messing with the computer and SO2R box software setup.  Took about an
hour to get the station working with the antennas even using the screen shots of
how the station S/W config. before the August micro burst.  Maybe it is old age
that makes thing seem harder than they should be:>)

Thought the 80/40 were good as had no problem working anything I could hear even
with the dipoles only at 30 ft (80m) and 25 ft (40m).

At the start of the contest had difficulty with the Bencher that has been in use
for over 40 years (got it used at a Gaithersburg Hamfest - remember those) and
four moves to two states.  Tightened the screws and it seems to work okay but
then I've never been a proficient user of the Bencher.

Still had fun and the extra effort made the time spent in the contest that much
more enjoyable.

Again, thanks for all the QSOs and points.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH